On-Air Reporter / Multimedia Journalist
Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
KETV, Omaha's News Leader, has an immediate opening for an on-air reporter/MMJ to join our Hearst Television team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
We're looking for a journalist who thrives at enterprising exclusive stories, and who has the vision to produce engaging television and digital news reports on daily deadlines. The winning candidate will be self-motivated and never satisfied with waiting to be assigned something to cover. We want someone who can handle a live, breaking news report with poise and clarity, and who can turn a sensitive feature story with equal skill.
As an on-air reporter/MMJ, you'll be shooting your own reports on a daily basis. But there is an opportunity to break-free from the daily deadline pressure to pursue in-depth reports as well, and to work as part of a team to produce investigative stories. This opening is a chance for you to define the kind of broadcast journalism you wish to pursue.
You must be able to work well on tight deadlines, and multi-task when needed to meet daily needs and goals.
• Developing and working sources to present coverage ideas at daily editorial meetings
• Shooting, writing and video editing daily news stories
• Live reporting in breaking news situations
• Working with reporters and photographers to produce daily and long-form content
• At least one-year of television or digital news reporting
• Experience at live reporting
• A solid background in understanding how government works
• Ability to shoot high-quality video
• Solid writing skills
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred
• Military multimedia training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be considered with appropriate experience