Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
KETV-TV, Omaha's News Leader and the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate headquartered in historic 7 Burlington Station, has an opportunity for a Newscast Producer. We're looking for a story teller who thrives on breaking news, and the urgency of a fast-paced, dynamic newscast. Our next producer will join a team of award-winning journalists committed to investigative journalism and dynamic local news coverage. The winning candidate will be a good writer who has the ability to lead a team, make quick, sound decisions, and take-on the day with a positive attitude. We want a producer who demonstrates solid news judgement, and who has an eye for using video, graphics, and studio video displays to effectively convey information. We approach everything as a team at KETV, and you'll need to be a clear communicator who can calmly handle last-minute changes, and the excitement of a breaking news environment.
• Selecting, and writing material for a daily newscast
• Building graphics and shaping how a story is presented for a live newscast
• Working with reporters and helping them shape their daily reports.
• An ability to communicate clearly and quickly to effectively give direction, and to explain your vision of a newscast to anchors, reporters, and directors
• The ability to multi-task, and an interest in publishing material to digital platforms and social media
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• 2 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered