Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
This was removed by the employer on 1/20/2021 1:15:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Newscast Director jobs in Omaha-NE
Search all Newscast Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Newscast Director? Part-Time Newscast Director
Be a part of Omaha's News Leader, KETV NewsWatch 7, and work in one of the most unique broadcasting facilities in the nation, the historic 7 Burlington Station. Located just south of downtown's Old Market entertainment district, KETV is the #1 source for local news in Omaha and one of the top ABC affiliates in the country. Omaha is the hidden gem in America's heartland. We may be known for our Zoo and the College World Series . . . but when you explore the city you'll find so much more to do. There's a reason Omaha is constantly ranked as one of the best and most affordable places to live.
KETV has an opening for an experienced part-time Director. The part-time Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live directing with all technical staff, including the News Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast.
• Must be able to call and punch a newscast.
• May also run Teleprompter system
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate must be an excellent communicator able to work efficiently and effectively with a variety of personalities in high pressure situations.
• Candidate must be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift will include various day parts, holidays and weekend duties.
• Video editing with Adobe Premiere is required.
• Newscast Director will also be required to post to website as well.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent broadcast work experience preferred. Previous military experience in a similar field will be considered.
• Spanish/English bilingual a plus, but not required
• Candidates should have a helpful, positive, ''can do'' attitude.
• Experience with production switchers, video servers, editing systems and audio and studio equipment preferred. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.