Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2021 12:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Newscast Director jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Newscast Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Newscast Director? WBAL-TV has an opening for an experienced and dynamic Newscast Director. The Newscast Director is responsible for communicating and executing all technical aspects of live production, with all technical staff, including the Producer, Technical Director, Audio Operator, Studio, and Engineering. Positive pro-active attitude and schedule flexibility are necessary for this position. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Directing broadcast newscasts.
• Provide creative input and will work closely with the newscast producer and production crew.
• Be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look of the newscast..
• 2 years directing and technical directing fast-paced newscasts
• Must also have experience with production switchers, video servers, and audio and studio equipment.
• Equivalent military experience will be considered.
• MOS and basic computer network understanding.
• Understanding of newsroom systems ENPS and video playback systems.
• Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker, using technical know-how to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
• The position requires shift flexibility. Shift may include early mornings and weekend duties.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred.
• Related military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and related experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.