Hearst TelevisionRogers, AR
Part Time Job
KHBS/KHOG TV has an opening for a strong, take-charge part-time producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• In-person attendance is required
• 2 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.