Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
This was removed by the employer on 7/20/2020 5:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for News Producer jobs in Palm Beach Gardens-FL
Search all News Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a News Producer? WPBF 25 News has an immediate opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive and be able to make decisions and communicate plans in a clear and concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Working with and guiding reporters in story production
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Self-starter who has a passion for news which includes pitching local enterprise stories as well as have a strong understanding of national/international news
• Must have excellent showcasing and storytelling skills and be an effective tease writer who always looks for the best sound and video
• Strong booth skills, which includes always maintaining a calm and commanding presence, along with experience in wall-to-wall coverage for breaking news and weather
• Aggressive with breaking news coverage
• Team player and good newsroom citizen who actively participates in the daily news gathering process
• Write and post stories daily to our digital and social media platforms
• Use social media platforms to research and write stories for television and digital platforms
• 2 years producing experience
• Creative presentation style
• Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure and knowledge of ENPS are pluses
• Military experience in a related occupation specialty will be considered
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Understand social media and be able to produce content on our digital platforms.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.