News Executive Producer
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA/KQCA has an immediate opening for a sharp, hands-on Executive Producer who knows how to coach and execute a fast-paced highly informative newscast. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of strong leadership; journalistic excellence and the ability to thrive in a very competitive environment. We play to win every day and every show.
• Manages a large highly skilled team of anchors, producers, reporters and photographers.
• Works alongside the news director to execute a winning strategy.
• Works collaboratively and strategically with our news management team.
• Demonstrates a people-oriented approach to leadership.
• Oversee and generate news coverage and story ideas.
• Coach excellent storytelling.
• Hold show reviews and critiques.
• Collaborate with Digital Manager to oversee specific digital news coverage.
• Coach and develop producers.
• Oversee Producer Schedules.
• Proven ability to lead and execute strong breaking news coverage.
• Superior writing and copyediting skills.
• A people-oriented manager.
• Strong written and verbal communicator.
• College Degree preferred.