Hearst TelevisionLouisville, KY
Full Time Job
WLKY has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This person will be in charge of editing for multiple newscasts. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling, works well with producers and photographers and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and pre-production material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• Previous editing experience required.
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Military experience will be considered.
• Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
• High School Diploma.
• Some college or technical school preferred.
• Military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) is a plus