Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
Full Time Job
WPBF 25 News,
the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in West Palm Beach Florida has an opening for an experienced and dynamic News Director with the talent, energy and leadership to lead our News department. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, skilled communicator who leads our team in the execution of market-leading breaking news, weather coverage and community service on all platforms daily. With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
• Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on its multicast channel and digital platforms.
• Recruiting and leadership of news staff.
• Execution of contemporary news product on all platforms.
• Budget administration.
• Strategic planning in collaboration with other department heads on station initiatives.
• In-person attendance is required
• 3-5 years of broadcast television newsroom management.
• Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff.
• Ability to demonstrate how the candidate has improved news product at another broadcast television station.
• Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3-5 years of managing a local news operation.
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.