Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
KCCI News Director
KCCI, the Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA has an opening for an experienced and dynamic News Director with the talent, creativity, energy and leadership to lead our highly acclaimed News department. In addition to providing leadership on breaking news and weather coverage, we're seeking an innovator capable of developing new content ideas, new presentation approaches and creating new local news programs. Seeking applicants who embrace a platform agnostic approach to news coverage – utilizing on-air, social and digital platforms seamlessly. This is a rare opportunity to join one of America's great television stations and be a part of leading coverage of Presidential politics in Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucus. KCCI, is Iowa's News Leader in audience and coverage across all platforms. Our next newsroom leader must hold firm to the high standards of excellence we set for our coverage every day.
• Management of news department including editorial leadership of content on all platforms including multicast and digital.
• Recruiting and development of staff.
• Execution of contemporary news product on all platforms.
• Budget administration.
• Strategic planning in collaboration with other department heads on station initiatives
• Providing strategic leadership and execution of impactful political coverage including debates, forums, and other means of delivering coverage of presidential and state politics.
• Feedback and coaching
• 5 years of broadcast television newsroom management
• Proven track record of mentoring/coaching a news staff
• Ability to demonstrate how they have improved news product at another broadcast television station
• Candidate must have a proven record of leadership and success with at least 3-5 years of managing a local news operation.
• Individual must have a passion for news and communication skills to manage a large staff and multiple hours of daily newscasts.
• Strong communication skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.