National Sales Manager
Hearst TelevisionSalinas, CA
Full Time Job
Central Coast ABC has been setting both revenue and ratings records with impressive progress since the station signed on in April 2011. We are seeking a National Sales Manager to join our sales management team. This position requires exemplary leadership, creative and analytical skills and a high level of energy and enthusiasm required to continue achieving consistent national market share and revenue growth. The ideal candidate will have the talent to set new revenue records. CC ABC-TV is sister station to KSBW-TV, owned by Hearst Television, serving the Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz area.
include but are not limited to:
• Establish the overall tone for the national sales department by leading our national rep firm sales team with clear direction on station's expectations and strategies.
• Exceed national revenue goals by constantly developing strategies to over-achieve.
• Work closely with the national rep firm on forecasting, negotiations, and planning.
• Coach and inspire national reps to grow share.
• Negotiate all CC ABC national business including political.
• Lead and direct the national sales assistant with accurate order entry, preemptions, and make-good offers.
• Provide timely accurate national revenue forecasts.
• Travel as required to build and maintain relationships in regions where the station's key national agencies are located such as the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Chicago and New York City.
• Build local relationships with national account contacts within our market to generate and/or grow the station's national business.
• Build, maintain and grow positive internal and external relationships.
• Develop targeted, customer-focused marketing solutions using Central Coast ABC and digital assets.
• Create and sell customized packages featuring CC ABC's sports, specials and station's projects outside of the traditional RFP business.
• Work with sales manager to manage inventory/pricing and help inspire the local sales team.
• Highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Freewheel/Strata and Matrix, or other industry-related software
• Digital media knowledge is a plus (such as IAB standards, audience targeting, OTT advertising, video streaming,
1st/3rd party data, etc.)
• Knowledge of and/or aptitude for traditional and digital media calculations (i.e. percentages, shares, CPPs, CPMs, inventory management, etc.)
• Excellent communications and organizational skills
• Ability to analyze issues thoroughly to make sound business decisions and solve problems.
• Proficient at pricing effectively and managing inventory
• An acute understanding of forecasting future revenue
• Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude and team player
• Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record; use of personal vehicle for sales calls required
• Motor vehicle record check required
• Minimum of 3-5 years broadcast sales or management experience
• Measurable achievement of sales goals
• Accountable for being results-driven and self-motivated in a goal-structured environment
• Military experience will be considered
• High School diploma required
• College degree preferred
• DINFOS graduates will be considered