Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Part Time Job
KCRA 3, the Hearst Television NBC affiliate in Sacramento, CA, is now interviewing candidates for our part-time Multimedia Producer.
This person will be responsible for creating, writing and producing content for KCRA's digital and television platforms.
Successful candidates will have solid writing skills and be proficient with managing content on all platforms. We are looking for a self-starter who is creative, organized, energetic, and works well with others.
Manages and contributes to news content creation, including but not limited to selecting and writing stories, clipping and/or producing videos, creating interactive features and slideshows for all platforms.
• Brings consistent sense of urgency, immediacy and real-time strategies to digital news content and projects.
• Selects and posts stories to KCRA's social pages with tact and excellent copy writing skills.
• Communicates effectively with assignment editors, producers, reporters, photographers, editors, production staff and news managers.
• Pitches and produces high-impact original reporting with a sense of what works on social media
• Assist producers and reporters with research.
• Strong writing skills.
• Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing.
• Strong understanding of social media best practices.
• Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24-hour news cycle.
• Passion for digital and local television journalism.
• Good communication skills.
• Solid organizational skills.
• Military experience will be considered.