Multimedia Journalist / Photographer
Hearst TelevisionGreenville, SC
Full Time Job
WYFF 4 is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, write to video, and do compelling live shots. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day.?The Multimedia Journalist should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude. The right candidate loves telling stories and delivering them LIVE to the viewers.?This person will produce content on-air, online, and for our mobile devices. We are looking for someone who can shoot and edit videos and has a passion for journalism and bringing the viewer the ''big story''.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts that could include mornings, nights, and weekends. Variable shift possible.
• Put together high-quality packages.
• Coverage of breaking news and sports
• Develop sources and generate story ideas
• Shoot live shots and live Interviews
• Shoot and track news stories
• Work with reporters on packages, special reports, and documentaries
• In-person attendance is required
• At least one year of television news reporting, photography, and editing
• Breaking news/sports reporter
• Creative writer and packager
• Military multimedia experience will be considered
• Works quickly and efficiently
• Good personality. Must connect with viewers
• Must enjoy being part of a team.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills
• Must be able to provide samples of reporting and photography.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.