Multimedia Account Executive
Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
Experienced Multimedia Sales Account Executive
Do you want to join a premier multimedia company? When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but you will be a part of a progressive culture where your talents will be valued.
KCCI, the market-leading Hearst Television CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA is seeking an experienced account executive. If you are motivated by an excellent product, great compensation, and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further. You will work in one of America's top cities for business climate and quality of life. KCCI-TV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the nation and Iowa's News Leader across all platforms. We provide you every tool you need to deliver results-oriented, multi-platform marketing solutions. We need someone with superb sales skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to WIN! If you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
We are looking for an Account Executive who will develop and maintain business on all platforms – TV, digital, and multicast. The ideal candidate has media sales experience, is a self-starter, thrives in a goal-oriented team environment, and has a desire to WIN! Are you ready to take the next step in your sales career, make a great living, and join a top company in the broadcast media industry? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
As an Account Executive, you will primarily be making sales calls and/or visiting with clients or potential clients away from the station. It is the expectation that you will meet with clients in-person and have capabilities for zoom/video conference meetings as needed. Additionally, in this hybrid position, you will attend in-person meetings at the station.
• Generate new business revenue across all platforms
• Manage and cultivate an active account list
• Ensure all revenue goals are achieved
• Create and deliver sales presentations to client/agency personnel
• Collaborate with other departments in station to ensure client satisfaction
• 3 years of media sales experience preferred, plus an excellent understanding of media plans, the advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Military training and experience will be considered in lieu of media sales experience
• Ability to use interpersonal communication skills to develop rapport with clients, anticipate needs, and negotiate
• Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Kantar or other commercial monitoring program, and Microsoft applications a plus
• Must possess a driver's license with a good driving record
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent