Multi Media Journalist
Hearst TelevisionWinston-Salem, NC
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2020 8:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Multi Media Journalist jobs in Winston-Salem-NC
Search all Multi Media Journalist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Multi Media Journalist? WXII is looking for a Multi Media Journalist that has the ability to generate story ideas, shoot video, write to video, and edit. We are looking for a strong, take-charge candidate who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate loves breaking news and is highly competitive. We value strong enterprise reporting. In addition to credibility, poise, and personality; we're looking for a candidate who isn't afraid to head out into the field and break the big stories. We are looking for this market's next leader who isn't afraid to ask the tough questions, and will hold those in power accountable. We are looking for a versatile, enterprising self-starter who is fast, efficient, works well under tight deadlines, can develop sources, and has excellent storytelling skills.
• Works with and guides reporters and producers in newscast production
• Regularly plans, gathers and assembles stories on day-of news or special project assignments
• Works with or without a photographer to gather and edit compelling video and captivating sound
• Works as an editor when not assigned to go out in the field.
• Coordinates with news managers and producers to develop stories that go beyond surface details, that accentuate unique enterprise angles, and have exclusive content
• Develops a network of sources who provide tips, early access to information, and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Will contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day
• Can juggle multiple stories and projects at once, demonstrates exceptional time-management skills by meeting all deadlines under extraordinary pressure.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Past reporting/photographer experience(2-5 years) required
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work
• Related military experience will be considered
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Ability to operate mobile transmission devices and use latest technology
• Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
• Has a valid driver's license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
• Ability to work varied shifts, including overnights and weekends
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.