Motion Graphics Designer, Marketing, Streaming Video Services
Hearst TelevisionOmaha, NE
Full Time Job
Very Local, Hearst Television's streaming platform, is seeking a passionate motion graphics designer who is eager to tell a compelling visual story through high quality video content that reflects branding priorities. With strong design instincts and solid technical skills, the Motion Graphics Designer will conceptualize, design, and create key animated 2D and 3D assets, including title sequences, elements for trailers, and other marketing campaign materials running across multiple platforms.
This position requires a keen eye for design, high-level of organization and ability to effectively prioritize projects. Very Local offers 24/7 access to local news (across 26 Hearst television markets), weather, original series and more. This role will support a team responsible for marketing Very Local's product and program offerings.
The Motion Graphics Designer, Marketing, Streaming Video Services reports to the Creative Manager.
Location: US-based with flexibility to work in any Hearst Television market (Omaha, Orlando, Boston)
• Work with Creative Manager, marketing and programming teams to develop motion design elements for various forms of media including but not limited to brand spots, trailers, original series programming and promotion, social media marketing, etc.
• Create unique, visually compelling, designs for each assignment across different content offerings including news, weather, brand and original series
• Develop and deliver design projects as required based on platform specifications for OTT, mobile, social, Amazon, etc.
• Build a library of motion graphics templates and toolkits for implementation of projects
• Support marketing priorities by collaborating with programming, production, and web/social departments
• Create and manage efficient workflows, including template development for recurring projects
• Stay up to date on the latest graphic design techniques
• Give and receive creative direction; execute on feedback to achieve desired final product
• Problem solve for creative challenges
• Bachelor's Degree in in graphic design or motion design with 3 years of experience creating video assets for television, preferably with a network, streaming service or creative agency.
• Strong understanding of all phases of pre-production, production, and post-production
• Proficiency in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe suite
• Experience with 3D software such as Cinema 4D a plus
• Ability to take a project from concept to completion
• Passion for staying current on design and industry trends
• Visually compelling reel or portfolio required