Morning Traffic Anchor / Reporter
Hearst TelevisionRogers, AR
Full Time Job
KHBS is now hiring a Morning Traffic Anchor/Reporter. We need a good storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and excellent communication skills. We want someone who can interact with our viewers on social media. The successful candidate is a Multimedia Journalist with a passion for journalism who has the ability to tell good news stories, generate story ideas, write to video and do compelling live shots for newscasts. We are seeking a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. The right candidate should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude.
• Prepare morning traffic report graphics.
• News gather for traffic reports.
• Provide clear and concise live traffic reports for morning show and evening shows.
• Research and report up-to-the-minute traffic conditions.
• Communicate that information to the show producers and show anchors in a timely manner.
• Make sure that corresponding graphics, video and live shots are used appropriately.
• Communicate morning traffic information to viewers via digital platforms including our station website, mobile app, and social media pages.
• Gather information for stories and live reports for newscasts.
• Put together high-quality packages.
• Cover breaking news.
• Develop sources and generate ideas.
• Knowledge and experience with the station's traffic system.
• Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
• Must speak clearly, have basic knowledge of how to use a computer and basic knowledge of social media outlets.
• Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
• Must be energetic and creative and work well with others.
• Must work quickly and efficiently.
• Excellent writing and packaging skills.
• Ability to develop contacts and generate stories.
• Ability to shoot and edit high-quality video.
• Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
• Looking for 1-2 years as journalist and storyteller in a commercial television station.
• Military training and experience will be considered