Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
WESH 2 News has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled meteorologist. We are looking for a meteorologist who knows the science and can tell a relatable weather story. You must be able to forecast accurately, keep our viewers and employees safe, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information, and stay cool under pressure. Building a social media following and producing for digital as well as broadcast are important parts of this job. Availability to work weekends and mornings is a must. Experience covering tropical weather is a plus. This is a part-time position.
• Arm viewers with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Simultaneously provide broadcast content on WESH 2, CW18, our broadcast partners in the region and on our digital platforms.
• Use all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Be comfortable covering weather events from the field
• Be available for various shifts including weekends and overnights
• Previous on-air experience required.
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
• Proven on-air experience in handling severe weather coverage
• Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Proficient in using The Weather Channel and Baron graphics and technology
• Excellent forecasting and on-air skills
• Radar experience preferred
• Interact with viewers and users on our digital platforms
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field preferred
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered