Hearst TelevisionPalm Beach Gardens, FL
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2020 3:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Meteorologist jobs in Palm Beach Gardens-FL
Search all Meteorologist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Meteorologist? WPBF-TV 25 News has an opening for a high energy, highly skilled weekend meteorologist to join our First Warning Weather Team. We are looking for a meteorologist who knows the science but can tell a relatable weather story. The successful candidate must have a passion for severe weather and the ability to sustain superior continuous coverage for long periods of time on all platforms. We want a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story. Our next meteorologist will be an accurate forecaster, convey appropriate tone, summarize complicated information and stay cool under pressure. This candidate should also believe in all aspects of community involvement including, but not limited to, speaking at schools and other community functions.
• Give viewers and users the First Warning Weather with accurate, compelling, and understandable weather forecasts.
• Provide urgent, immediate weather information before and during severe weather events
• Be able to simultaneously provide content on TV, for our radio partners, and on our digital platforms
• Utilize all the technology and tools available to us, to tell an intriguing weather story
• Will be deployed in the field during weather events
• Summarize facts and clearly communicate content for broadcast and digital that connect with viewers and users
• Participate in promotional activities including public appearances
• Always convey a positive brand image for the station in the community and on all platforms
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
• Write web and social stories about the weather
• Interact with viewers and users on social media sites
• Flexibility to work any shift
• In-depth knowledge of weather science and forecasting.
• Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Dynamic, polished and authoritative on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation
• Knowledgeable about how to interpret and translate high powered radar data
• Proficient in using WSI and Baron graphics and technology
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to tell a compelling weather story
• Radar experience preferred
• Ability to do live field reporting on weather and other topics
• Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology or related field
• CBM and/or AMS seal preferred
• Military training and experience will be considered This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.