Master Control Operator
Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
Full Time Job
WGAL TV, the Hearst Television NBC Affiliate in Lancaster, PA; has an opening for a Master Control operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on air product, and documenting transmission events. This position , which is on-site and does not involve any remote work, includes duties such as ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly. The successful candidate must be willing to work varied shifts, including overnight hours, weekends and holidays.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Imagine ADC Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Maintains program and transmitter logs.
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
• Acquires content from various distributors.
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• Studio operations including camera, teleprompter, lighting, moving set pieces
• Audio console operations
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.