Master Control Operator
Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
Full Time Job
This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. You will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly.
Located in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, WPTZ/NBC5 is the leading source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-wining team of professionals, look no further! This is a unique opportunity at a station with real momentum in a beautiful part of Northern New England. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast on three channels.
• Maintaining on-air operation to include running commercials, network and quality signals.
• Monitor multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Imagine Communications Automation equipment.
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observe transmitters and take remote readings.
• Maintain program and transmitter logs.
• Execute, edit, update and append daily playlists.
• Acquire content from various distributors.
• Troubleshoot and communicate issues and discrepancies with other MC and Engineering staff as needed.
• General computer and software experience required.
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Good vision, with or without correction, is mandatory.
• Knowledge of on-air graphics sytems a plus.
• Prior experience with television operations and newscast production is a plus.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is imperative.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.