Master Control Operator
Hearst TelevisionTampa, FL
Full Time Job
WMOR TV has an opening for a Master Control operator who is a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking team player. This person is responsible for the equipment that provides the content of our broadcast on-air program streams. Candidate will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on air product, and documenting transmission events. This position involves ingesting commercials and programs, timing them and making sure they all play on air properly. This is a 24/7 position and the ability and willingness to work all shifts and during times of local emergencies may be expected.
• Coordinate live and recorded programming for broadcast
• Maintaining on air operation to include running commercials, network and local programming
• Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate ADC \ Harris \ Imagine Communications Automation equipment
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observing transmitters and taking readings
• Maintains program and transmitter logs.
• Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists.
• Acquires content from various distributors.
• Prep shows via Clear and ADC Systems.
• Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies.
• Experience Requirements:
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Prior exposure to television station operations and newscast production a plus.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Computer literacy is mandatory.
• Attention to details is impera tive.
• Applicant must be able to multi-task
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Operational knowledge and experience with master control activities and functions
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics a plus
• Ability to learn specialized software applications
• Aptitude for operating electronic equipment for broadcast and production requirements.
• Technical school or completion of college level technical courses a plus.
• Military training and experience in related field will be considered.