Master Control Operator
Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2019 11:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Search for Master Control Operator jobs in South Burlington-VT
Search all Master Control Operator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Master Control Operator?
Full Time Job
Located in the scenic Burlington, VT/Plattsburgh, NY market, WPTZ-TV is the leading source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! This is a unique opportunity at a station with real momentum in a beautiful part of northern New England. Working out of a brand new facility in the heart of our market, you'll have all the latest equipment at your fingertips. Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
NBC5/WPTZ, a Hearst Television station, seeks a self-motivated, detail oriented, organized multi-tasking individual for our Master Control team. This position is responsible for the equipment that provides the content for our broadcast on-air program streams. You will be responsible for monitoring multiple air channels, acquiring, ingesting and preparing content, executing playlists, maintaining regulatory compliance, assuring quality control of on-air product and documenting transmission events.
• Coordinate live and taped programming for broadcast on three channels.
• Maintaining on-air operation to include running commercials, network and quality signals.
• Monitor multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
• Operate Harris Automation equipment.
• Follow FCC monitoring and EAS procedures.
• Observe transmitters and take remote readings.
• Maintain program and transmitter logs.
• Execute, edit, update and append daily playlists.
• Acquire content from various distributors.
• Troubleshoot and communicate issues and discrepancies with other MC and Engineering staff as needed.
• General computer and software experience required.
• Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn specialized software applications.
• Good vision, with or without correction, is mandatory.
• Knowledge of VizRT graphics is a plus.
• Prior experience with television operations and newscast production is a plus.
• Will train the right candidate.
• Equivalent military training from Defense
School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered..