Manager, Digital Content and Strategy
Hearst TelevisionNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/5/2021 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Digital Content and Strategy jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Digital Content and Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Digital Content and Strategy? Hearst Television is looking for a dynamic news leader to assist in leading digital content and social media strategy for HTV's owned and operated websites and mobile apps. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and organizational skills, solid news judgment, and a proven track record of innovation and collaboration.
The Manager, Digital Content and Strategy will work closely with the Vice President, Digital News, on fine-tuning HTV's local digital strategy and evangelizing best practices across our network of TV and radio digital news platforms. This person must be nimble and able to quickly adapt to the rapidly changing digital landscape to maximize traffic and revenue, while staying ahead of trends and the competition.
• Collaborate with the VP of Digital News on developing and guiding strategic execution of original video, infographics, and other unique storytelling techniques to set our products apart and serve audiences on all platforms.
• Be aware of big news events in our markets to provide additional support and serve as a liaison between the central content team and local digital staff.
• Analyze digital metrics and trends to identify opportunities to reach new audience; and devise an action plan based on the analytics. Will also be responsible for compiling analytics reports for senior leaders.
• Evolve push alert strategy and identify new opportunities to meet the needs of local news consumers as our mobile audience grows.
• Evaluate social media strategy as social platform algorithms fluctuate; make quick adjustments to drive traffic and revenue while providing guidance to local digital staff.
• Communicate changes in strategy to stakeholders including station digital staff, News Directors and General Managers, in conjunction with the VP of Digital News.
• Manage a team of digital strategists to advance digital goals at the local market level; and oversee projects to further content innovation.
• Strategize ways to ''play big'' with local breaking news, special projects, and existing ''legacy'' content, including our extensive video archives.
• Strong knowledge of SEO and how best to implement in big coverage and on everyday stories; must be able to train news teams members on best practices.
• Must be able to multi-task, managing multiple initiatives at once; work with VP of Digital News to identify and prioritize high ROI initiatives.
• Compile and maintain a robust collection of best practices documents, updating them as needed in collaboration with digital strategists.
• Five years leading a digital news operation, or comparable experience.
• Previous experience inside a local TV news operation is a plus.
• Ability to work weekends and after hours as needed depending on pre-determined events or breaking news.
• This position could be based in New York City or a market where Hearst Television owns a TV station. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.