Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA has an opening for an experienced Broadcast Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Maintains automation systems, production equipment including robotic camera system, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather graphics and weather systems, audio consoles, microphones, and IFBs.
• Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• Maintains support equipment including master and sub switchers, monitors, servers, computer systems, microphones, and intercoms.
• Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• Maintains digital transmitters, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
• A solid background in broadcast television systems and transmission preferred
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment down to the circuit level.
• Knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking preferred.
• Advanced skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation preferred.
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital broadcast transmitters.
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
• Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
• Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
• Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
• 2 years of experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment.
• Military experience will be considered.