Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
Full Time Job
Des Moines is ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
KCCI-TV, the Hearst-owned CBS affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa has an opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician. The person in this role maintains the station's equipment and systems from acquisition to distribution. This position provides technical and IT support for all station efforts.
This employee will maintain the following:
• News-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• IT systems and associated hardware and software. This includes infrastructure and end user support.
• Production equipment including production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather systems, audio consoles, and other gear used in production.
• VHF Solid State Transmitter site, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to plan and execute equipment installation, research/design, and detailed documentation of work.
• Knowledge of desktop and server operating systems.
• Networking support of various LAN/WAN devices and systems.
• In depth knowledge of video production/television systems.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members.
• Must possess a positive attitude and driven by successful problem solving.
• Flexible to various work shifts and days off as assigned.
• Capable of following instructions, verbal and written.
• Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces.
• Valid driver's license; position requires travel to remote transmitter and microwave sites
• Position may require some travel with the SNG truck for live remotes. CDL a plus.
• Should have 2 years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 2 years of experience in a related military occupation specialty.
• Associates Degree in Electronic/IT Technology or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics/IT school equivalent (including military).
• Equivalent Military related work experience will be considered.
• SBE/SMPTE/IT Certification is a plus.
To learn more about Des Moines, click HERE.