Hearst TelevisionSalinas, CA
Full Time Job
The IT/Broadcast Engineer plays a fundamental role in the day-to-day operations of KSBW. The ideal candidate will be self-motivating and able to work with a team of highly talented engineers. As IT/Broadcast Engineer. The candidate will need to be familiar with broadcast and media system integration process, experience in the IT disciplines, and will accept responsibility for developing system designs, creating systems documentation.
We are looking for a results-oriented leader with the ability to motivate, communicate, and interface with various departments and engineering staff. A Hearst Television station duopoly with Central Coast ABC, KSBW is a proven leader in local news and has a rich history of public service to our community. Hearst is on the leading edge of broadcast technology and we want a strong candidate to join our team.
Reports to: Assistant Chief Engineering
• Support for management of servers, network devices and services.
• Microsoft/OSX/Linux hardware and software support.
• Technical equipment integration and deployment.
• Assist and advise in planning of future equipment installations, requirements, and budgetary recommendations
• Assist with LAN/WAN related software and hardware setup and maintenance.
• Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical issues as required
• Assist in day-to-day broadcast operations as necessary to troubleshoot news editing and producing gear, align satellite and microwave feeds, and perform repairs on damaged equipment.
• Understand FCC regulations and help station operators keep KSBW compliant.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Participate in on-call rotation with other staff engineers.
• Fundamental computer, server, and network knowledge as it applies to broadcast engineering.
• 3 to 5 years' experience in broadcast television facility maintenance
• Ability to work various hours including nights and weekends.
• Must be able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, and work on scaffolding or top of trucks.
• Must have the basic skills to read station drawings, understand signal paths, utilize test equipment, terminate wires, and troubleshoot connections.
• A great team-oriented attitude and a dedication to quality
• BS or AS degree in engineering and/or equivalent industry experience.