Hearst TelevisionKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
KMBC-TV, the Hearst owned ABC affiliate in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced broadcast Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station's on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
• Maintains digital transmitters, microwave central receive sites, satellite antenna systems, signal distribution and routing systems, processing systems, monitoring devices, and automation systems.
• Maintains production equipment including robotic camera system, production switcher, play out servers, graphics devices, lighting systems, weather graphics and weather systems, audio consoles, microphones, and IFBs.
• Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
• Maintains support equipment including master and sub switchers, monitors, videotape machines, XDCAM decks, computer systems, microphones, and intercoms.
• Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
• Coordinate live shots for newscasts.
• Operational shift will be assigned.
• Should have 2 years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 2 years of experience in a related military occupation specialty
• Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, transmission, and satellite communications
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment down to the circuit level
• Must have knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking
• Must have advanced skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation
• Desired to have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital transmitters
• Desired to have experience with Autocad for system design and layout
• Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
• Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
• Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
• Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
• Must have the ability work with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
• Associates degree in electronic engineering or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics school equivalent.
• Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered
• SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
• Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense
School (DINFOS) a plus.