Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA 3, the #1 station in the Sacramento market is looking for a strong, take-charge investigative reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate is aggressive, thrives on breaking stories and is highly competitive on television, digital and social. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. We value strong enterprise reporting and we are looking for someone who finds stories that lead newscasts.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Generates strong story ideas that can lead newscasts.
• Develops sources who provide tips, early access to information and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Pushes the envelope with creative storytelling formats for all platforms.
• Can juggle stories and projects along multiple timelines, demonstrating exceptional time-management skills.
• Effective at making public information requests, following up with agencies and mining the data to identify important stories.
• Passionate about making viewers care about complex issues while finding emotional and impactful components.
• Collaborates with news managers to dig into the big story of the day for topical investigations that accentuate unique angles and exclusive content.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills.
• Dynamic live reporting skills.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Past reporting experience (2-5 Years) required.
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Related military experience will be considered.