Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/13/2020 9:09:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Investigative Reporter jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Investigative Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Investigative Reporter? KCRA 3, the #1 station in the Sacramento market is looking for a strong, take-charge investigative reporter who hits the ground running every day. The successful candidate is aggressive, thrives on breaking stories and is highly competitive on television, digital and social. The KCRA 3 News Team sets a high bar for excellent journalism. We value strong enterprise reporting and we are looking for someone who finds stories that lead newscasts.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Generates strong story ideas that can lead newscasts.
• Develops sources who provide tips, early access to information and allow the reporter to break stories of significance.
• Pushes the envelope with creative storytelling formats for all platforms.
• Can juggle stories and projects along multiple timelines, demonstrating exceptional time-management skills.
• Effective at making public information requests, following up with agencies and mining the data to identify important stories.
• Passionate about making viewers care about complex issues while finding emotional and impactful components.
• Collaborates with news managers to dig into the big story of the day for topical investigations that accentuate unique angles and exclusive content.
• Strong writing and storytelling skills.
• Dynamic live reporting skills.
• Ability to work under very tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Past reporting experience (2-5 Years) required.
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise and uncover.
• Your demo reel should be indicative of your everyday work.
• Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent proven work experience.
• Related military experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.