Hearst TelevisionWinter Park, FL
Full Time Job
Hearst Television (HTV) seeks a graphic artist with exceptional design, organizational and communication skills to join HTV Design, our centralized corporate graphics hub. Working in a team environment, with other design staff, the assignment editor and station producers, the position is responsible for the production of daily news graphics and select custom graphics projects for 26 of Hearst Television's markets.
• Working from existing HTV graphics templates, complete daily news graphics requests from Hearst Television stations
• Develop custom 2D and 3D animations for news and promotion for HTV stations as assigned
• Demonstrate strict adherence to HTV Graphics Style Guide
• Work in a collaborative, hands on, and results driven environment
• Build professional relationships with news and marketing staffs across all HTV stations
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs to deliver polished still and motion design, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
• Cinema 4D and Vizrt a plus
• Ability to produce high quality results within the parameters of technological infrastructure and Hearst Graphics Style Guide
• Extraordinary visualization, conceptualization, and graphic design skills with strong background in typography, color theory, photography, design layout, and 2D and 3D animation
• Portfolio work should demonstrate knowledge of current industry trends and techniques
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects
• Cinema 4D, Vizrt experience a plus
• Knowledge of video editing and working on a timeline a plus
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Able to deliver exceptional, innovative artwork on time while maintaining a high level of customer service
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.