General Sales Manager
Hearst TelevisionRogers, AR
Full Time Job
KHBS/KHOG TV, Arkansas Hearst, with ABC, CW, and MeTV affiliates, is looking for an experienced General Sales Manager with an exceptional record of success . The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with 5 years as a sales manager or equivalent experience. You must have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, recruiting talented sales people, generating revenue and team leadership. On-site attendance is required.
• Manage and guide an experienced sales team to achieve station goals on all platforms.
• Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
• Manage stations inventory and rates.
• Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
• Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
• Interface with station's national rep firm to set goals and objectives.
• Work with the promotion department to create sales opportunities.
• Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish station objectives.
• Five years broadcast sales management experience preferred.
• Must have a proven track record of success in transactional, new business, digital and multi-platforms sales.
• Past experience with managing an independent or non-traditional television station a plus.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
• Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills.
• Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and execute a clear plan and vision.
• Looking for a positive leader.
• Creative selling abilities a must!
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.