General Sales Manager
Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
Full Time Job
KCRA is looking for an experienced General Sales Manager with an exceptional record of success . The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills along with a proven track record of 5 years GSM or LSM or equivalent experience. You must have skills in budgeting, forecasting, managing inventory, developing leadership, recruiting talented sales people and generating revenue.
The diverse array of KCRA/KQCA media platforms reflect the Sacramento- Stockton- Modesto community we are so proud to serve. Quality journalism, breaking news, a variety of entertainment in English and Spanish, as well as Spanish language local news updates make up the diverse offerings of highly desirable programming that connects with our viewers.
It is important our KCRA/KQCA family also reflects this diverse community. Achieving a consistent performance of excellence requires a whole range of ideas, opinions, and ways of thinking. We actively seek multicultural talents, skills, and experiences to make sure the content we produce is just as smart, innovative, and representative. We support and champion under-represented groups such as veterans looking to transition to a civilian career, women and minority ethnic groups, as well as the LGBTQ community. Bilingual applicants are valued but it is not a requirement.
• Manage and guide an experienced sales team to achieve station goals on all platforms.
• Develop, implement, and communicate sales strategies and action plans.
• Manage stations inventory and rates.
• Meet with clients and advertisers to maintain high visibility in the community.
• Create and manage non-traditional revenue and new business projects.
• Interface with station's national rep firm to set goals and objectives.
• Work with the promotion department to create sales opportunities.
• Work with General Manager and other department managers to accomplish station objectives.
• Five years broadcast sales management experience preferred.
• Must have a proven track record of success in transactional, new business, digital and multi-platforms sales.
• Experience managing, developing, and recruiting a diverse sales organization.
• Experience positioning and growing the revenue of a top local news organization.
• Candidates must possess strong leadership, motivational and sales skills with a proven track record of success.
• Must have the ability to price, forecast, and budget and execute a clear plan and vision.
• Creative selling abilities a must!
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Military training and experience will be considered