Hearst TelevisionNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and perform a broad range of financial reporting and analysis functions in a dynamic corporate environment.
• Support the development of reports and presentations to and for executive management.
• Leverage reporting tools to develop financial and analytical reports and help implement month-end financial package.
• Responsible for month-end reporting, consolidation and analysis. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, P&L consolidation (multiple P&Ls), system reconciliation, data management, variance analysis and write-ups, as well as other items identified during month-end or in support of other meetings and presentations.
• Prepare financial presentations for senior management by incorporating new and existing reports, along with analysis of current and new business trends.
• Assist in preparation of monthly forecasts, quarterly Group Head meetings, annual Budget and 5 Year Plan.
• Lead key ad-hoc analytical projects and processes to deliver actionable insights.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of Oracle Financials and/or Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service (EPBCS)
• Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to all reporting deadlines
• Proactive and have strong interpersonal skills
• 3 years of Financial Analysis experience in a corporate environment
• Experience with Smartview/Essbase and Oracle or SAP
• Proficient user of Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
• Proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
• Media industry experience a plus
• Candidate must be a quick learner, detail oriented and be able to multitask. Must be able to work well with a group environment and take lead on projects and responsibilities.