Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
This was removed by the employer on 8/7/2023 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in Needham-MA
Search all Executive Producer postings
Full Time Job
WCVB NewsCenter 5 is looking for a full-time executive producer to lead Boston's #1 morning news team. The successful candidate must be an organized leader with excellent news judgment and strong production skills. We are looking for someone who knows what it takes to win in a competitive, top-10 market and who loves to collaborate with reporters and photographers to craft energetic stories and compelling liveshots. The top candidate will have energetic, big-picture vision and the ability to build and evolve everyday and long-term strategies.
• Oversees editorial and production for WCVB's 4:30am to 7am EyeOpener newscasts
• Ensures that broadcast and digital teams are in lockstep, focused on the needs of viewers and online/social users
• Leads the team in pitching, researching, and enterprising stories
• Knows how to pivot when breaking news happens and produce compelling content when it doesn't
• Displays a daily desire to win big, working closely with other news managers to put together a journalistically sound newscast that is must-see TV
• Oversees Forecasting Our Future content as part of Hearst Television's commitment to educating our audience about how a changing climate affects everyday lives
• Embraces administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training, and daily feedback
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
• 5 years as a major market newscast line producer or middle market EP
• Relentless copy editing – including VOs, VO-SOTs and packages
• Understands ratings and the need to use research to build/evolve strategy
• Possesses outstanding communication skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.