Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
Full Time Job
WPTZ, the NBC affiliate in Burlington, Vermont/Plattsburgh, New York is looking for an Executive Producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts. We need a driven, organized leader who can articulate a vision for their shows and can provide mentorship and leadership to a group of budding journalists.
The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air, on mobile, and on social media. Responsibilities include the ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists who are committed to excellence. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts and manages all aspects of breaking news. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision making under daily deadline pressure. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the communications skills to make those you supervise better.
During work hours, you'll be in our new, state-of-the-art facility. In off hours, you'll be surrounded by some of the best ski area, scenic mountains, and some most beautiful waterways in the country.
• Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscast
• Coaching producers, reporters, and photojournalists
• Responding to breaking news
• Oversight of digital response to breaking news
• Writing compelling news stories in active voice
• News gathering
• Boothing newscasts when needed
• Posting stories and video on website and on mobile
• Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
• In-person attendance is required
• Minimum of two years producing experience.
• Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
• Possess outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.