Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
Full Time Job
WCVB NewsCenter 5 is looking for a full-time executive producer to lead our nightside team. The successful candidate must be an organized leader with excellent news judgment and strong production skills. We are looking for someone who knows what it takes to win in a competitive market like Boston, someone with creative vision who loves working with reporters and photographers to craft energetic stories and compelling live shots.
• Oversees editorial and production for the 7pm, 10pm, and 11pm newscasts
• Ensures the broadcast and digital teams are in lockstep, focused on the needs of viewers and online/social users
• Leads the team in pitching, researching, and enterprising stories
• Knows how to pivot when breaking news happens and produce compelling content when it doesn't
• Displays a daily desire to win big, working closely with other news managers to put together a journalistically sound newscast that is must-see TV
• Performs administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training, and daily feedback
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
• 5 years as major market newscast line producer or middle market EP
• Relentless copy editing – including VOs, VO-SOTs and packages
• Understands ratings and the competitive nature of a top ten market
• Possesses outstanding communication skills
• Proven ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.