Hearst TelevisionWinston-Salem, NC
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in Winston-Salem-NC
Search all Executive Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer?
Full Time Job
Winston-Salem (*31) and Greensboro (*66), two of the three cities (High Point being the other) that make up the Piedmont Triad area of North Carolina, were ranked in the top 100 Best Places to Live. This diverse region is only hours from both the beautiful beaches and majestic mountains of North Carolina. With more than 200 sunny days a year, a plethora of flowering trees, dog parks, walking paths, and revamped downtowns with trendy eateries, modern lofts, brewers, and shops – make the Triad a best-kept secret. Add in great schools, quiet, affordable neighborhoods, ACC sports, minor league baseball, a performing arts center, historic Old Salem, a premier international film festival, and a scenic drive down the world-famous Blue Ridge Parkway, all in your backyard. *U.S. News and World Report, 2019.
*U.S. News and World Report, 2019.
WXII TV is looking for an Executive Producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts in an even faster-paced news market. We need a driven, organized leader who can articulate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards the vision. The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on-air, mobile, and social media. Responsibilities include the ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists who are committed to excellence. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts, manages all aspects of breaking news and social engagement. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision-making under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories, as well. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. The ideal candidate can handle Breaking News when it comes and, when it doesn't, can still oversee a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the communications skills to make those you supervise better.
• Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts
• Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
• Coaching producers, reporters, and photojournalists
• Responding to breaking news
• Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
• Writing compelling news stories in active voice
• Meeting deadlines
• Boothing newscasts when needed
• Posting stories and videos on website and mobile
• Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
• Must perform administrative duties, including scheduling, performance reviews, training, and providing critical feedback.
• Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
• In-person attendance is required
• Minimum of three years producing experience.
• Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually
• Have a strong sense of audience de sires
• Possess outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Use of A d obe Premier editing system is a plus
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field.
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Defense Information School (DINFOS) or other related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.