Hearst TelevisionBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2020 11:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Executive Producer jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Executive Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Producer? Come be the difference at WBAL-TV…the first television station purchased by William Randolph Hearst! Located a short distance from the majestic Inner Harbor of Baltimore, WBAL-TV is one of America's Leading Television Stations. Baltimore is a city rich in history…from the birthplace of the Star Spangled Banner to the home of the Baltimore Orioles and Baltimore Ravens, there is something for everyone in our town. Come join us and be the bigger picture!!
WBAL-TV is looking for an Executive Producer who can oversee fast-paced newscasts in an even faster –paced news market. We need a driven, organized leader who can articulate a vision for their shows and lead a team towards the vision. The right candidate will be a leader who can develop multi-platform content that succeeds on air, on mobile, and on social media. Responsibilities include the ability to manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, reporters, anchors, and photojournalists who are committed to excellence. The Executive Producer is responsible for the overall content of assigned newscasts, manages all aspects of breaking news, and social engagement. The right candidate must be a pro when it comes to effective communication and decision making under daily deadline pressure. You must have proven ability in making decisions based on strong ethics, a solid producing background, and a desire to win. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories, as well. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. The ideal candidate can handle Breaking News when it comes and, when it doesn't, can still oversee a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. Overseeing the product is only one facet of the job. You must also be a coach and a leader with the communications skills to make those you supervise better.
• Oversight of the preparation of rundown and scripts for the newscasts
• Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation
• Coaching producers, reporters, and photojournalists
• Responding to breaking news
• Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement
• Writing compelling news stories in active voice
• Meeting deadlines
• News gathering
• Boothing newscasts when needed
• Posting stories and video on website and on mobile
• Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings
• Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
• Communicating effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering
• Minimum of three years producing experience.
• Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
• Have a strong sense of audience desires
• Possess outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news or related field.
• Military training and experience will be considered. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.