Hearst TelevisionPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has a rare opening for an Evening Executive Producer. The ideal candidate will have a passion for teaching strong storytelling and be a show doctor in one of the most competitive news markets in the country. The position requires strong editorial judgement, a strategic mindset and an aggressive approach to covering breaking news on digital and broadcast platforms. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of leadership and a propensity for taking on and executing big projects.
• Manage all evening newscasts
• Participate in editorial meetings and lead editorial process for evening shows
• Work with managing editor and assignment desk to ensure coverage is competitive across all platforms
• Copy edit scripts for evening shows
• Coach and provide regular feedback for producers
• Work with reporters and anchors to help tell compelling and impactful stories
• Work on other projects assigned by the News Director or Assistant News Director
• Minimum five years of experience as a producer in a medium to large television market or three years of experience as a news manager in a medium or large market
• Work varied shifts – early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends included.
• Must work flexible hours as needed.
• Deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
• Must be well-versed in local and national news stories.
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.