Executive Producer Of Public Affairs
Hearst TelevisionNeedham, MA
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2022 7:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Executive Producer Of Public Affairs jobs in Needham-MA
Search all Executive Producer Of Public Affairs postings
Full Time Job
WCVB Channel 5, Boston's News and Community leader and the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate, is looking for an Executive Producer for its Public Affairs Department. Responsibilities include maintaining the stations public affairs and community outreach efforts, coordinating production of station Editorials and Public Service messaging, assisting with management of WCVB talent appearances, managing relationships with WCVB's nonprofit partners and serving as Producer of the weekly CityLine program. This position reports to the Director of Public Affairs and Community Service.
CityLine's mission has been to cover in-depth a broad range of local stories impacting communities of color. As Producer for CityLine, the candidate will be responsible for daily content creation as well as collaborating with the program's control room director, on-air personnel, photojournalists, and editors. The Producer is also responsible for managing all multi-media, content, and production development.
As EP for Public Affairs the candidate will be responsible for maintaining relationships with various nonprofits through production of station initiatives and production of public service announcements.
The applicant must be a driven and organized leader who is also an excellent storyteller with a proven track-record for writing and producing compelling, long form programming. The ideal candidate needs to have a deep knowledge of all things Boston and New England including the region's history, politics, influencers (both well-known and less well-known), topography, and culture. The applicant should be a motivational and collaborative leader with a vision for successful multi-media content creation.
…Daily duties (some shared with Director pf Public Affairs)
• Oversight of long-range program production, for CityLine and Public Service
• Oversight of story development and creation for CityLine
• Oversight of weekly editorial content and show production for CityLine, which includes:
• Creating weekly CityLine rundowns, scripts and format in ENPS
• Writing and overseeing the editing of weekly show opens, segment leads and bumps
• Oversight of the use of graphics resources to enhance presentations
• Booth producing weekly CityLine and other Public Affairs programming
• Creating a topical CityLine tease weekly for the Sunday morning news
• Oversight of content creation social media platforms
• Writing weekly program descriptions to be distributed internally and externally
• Working with directors, producers, reporters, and photojournalists
• Communicating effectively with all station staff
• Assist in the strategic coordination of TV programing and public affairs efforts with external partners
• Assist in the strategic coordination of TV talent appearances to maximize WCVB exposure in the market
• Work closely with other departments to achieve public affairs objectives
• Provide support for CityLine/Public Affairs interns
• Applicant should have a significant track record of producing compelling television; management experience is preferred.
• Should have demonstrated experience in producing, writing, and ability to think visually.
• Must possess outstanding organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and coordinate several responsibilities simultaneously
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Weekend work may be required
• Have a deep understanding of the Boston market and Northeast region with a strong sense of audience desires
• Have some knowledge of regulatory programming policies including content clearance rights (video, images, music, Fair Use policy, etc.), Drone usage, FCC Closed Captioning and Program Ratings rules, among others.
• Have knowledge of ENPS, various Adobe software programs, social media platforms, and BitCentral's Oasis and Precis.
• College degree in broadcasting, communications, production, or related field.
• Military training and equivalent experience will be enthusiastically considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.