Executive Producer, News
Hearst TelevisionDes Moines, IA
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2023 12:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Executive Producer, News jobs in Des Moines-IA
Search all Executive Producer, News postings
Full Time Job
KCCI 8 News, Iowa's News Leader, is looking for a dynamic Executive Producer. We are seeking a driven, organized leader who can communicate a vision for each newscast and lead a team towards that vision. The Executive Producer will manage, coach, and motivate a team of producers, anchors, reporters, and photographers. The ideal candidate can calmly handle breaking news when it happens and, when it doesn't, can create a compelling product that delivers interesting and relevant content to our viewers. You must be able to research, pitch, and gather enterprise news stories. The Executive Producer will work on recruiting producers and work closely with the News Director to implement winning strategies for each newscast. You must want to win and make those around you better. You must also be able to produce newscasts when needed.
• Oversight of the preparation of a rundown and scripts for the newscasts.
• Oversight of the use of all our graphics resources to enhance our presentation.
• Coaching producers, reporters, and videographers.
• Responding to breaking news.
• Oversight of digital response to breaking news and social media engagement.
• Writing compelling news stories in active voice.
• Newsgathering and meeting deadlines
• Producing and boothing newscasts when needed.
• Posting stories and video to all digital platforms.
• Leading editorial meetings and pitching enterprise stories in editorial meetings.
• Must perform administrative duties including scheduling, performance reviews, training and providing critical feedback.
• Communicate effectively with news staff, promotions, and production/engineering.
• Minimum of three years producing experience.
• Should have demonstrated experience in writing and be able to think visually.
• Have a strong sense of audience desires.
• Possess outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Have the ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand elements.
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards.
• Use of Adobe Premier editing system is a plus.