Executive in Charge Of Production
Hearst TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Litton Entertainment is seeking an experienced Executive-In-Charge of Production who will play a key role in the oversight and hands on management of the production processes, personnel for multiple, concurrent projects and the day-to-day operations of the company's production facilities.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President, Production & Development.
This position is based in Burbank, CA.
• Oversee the core production management team to support all production related needs of Litton's original programs.
• Manage and control costs across original programs including the hiring of key production personnel.
• Responsible for creating budgets, schedules and cash flows for all projects.
• Work closely with show runners and staff, including verticals (digital, branding, etc.) on top-to-bottom production issues during all phases of production.
• Negotiate all deals with vendors for equipment rentals and purchases.
• Responsible for oversight and approvals of all production related expenses, payroll, cost reporting and cash flows. Works in tandem with the accounting team located both in Burbank, CA and Charleston, SC offices.
• Review and approves production insurance, releases and clearance agreements, work protocols, production policies, safety & risks assessments.
• Foster inclusive environment of cooperation, teamwork and motivation with staff and crew. Mediate and resolve personnel conflicts with sensitivity and problem-solving skills.
• Manage the delivery requirements for key deliverables and milestones, to ensure meeting contractual deadlines.
• Develop and maintain relationships with all production personnel and vendors to ensure the best available teams and highest quality of equipment are assigned to our projects.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in the entertainment industry with majority of that time working in non-fiction television/media
• Prior verifiable EIC and/or Line Producer experience a must
• Must be proficient with all major software (i.e. MS Office, etc.) usage with emphasis on production budgeting and accounting systems (i.e. Movie Magic Budgeting, etc.)
• Strong ability to prioritize and plan work activities within a fast paced, demanding environment
• Strong leadership skills to manage teams and relationships
• Ability to identify and nurture up-and-coming production talent
• Must be detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Possesses ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Strong analytical, quantitative and financial skills
• Bachelor's degree in business or film/television studies or equivalent related experience
• Military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Litton requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Litton will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Litton Entertainment, a division of Hearst Television, is the preeminent independent producer and distributor in the U.S. television industry, creating quality programming for over 20 years with distribution across linear, cable, streamers, digital and social platforms. Producing more than 800 hours of programming a year across genres and demos, Litton talent and crews can often be found traveling the globe producing Emmy-winning, content distributed worldwide. Litton's Weekend Adventure, produced by Litton Studios, was the first program block of its kind and airs Saturdays on ABC stations nationwide. Litton Entertainment provides CBS Network with six original programs for Saturday mornings called CBS Dream Team; The CW Network with One Magnificent Morning, a three-hour destination featuring E/I programming; NBC stations with six original E/I series under the iconic brand The More You Know; and Telemundo with the three-hour Mi Telemundo block of programming. Litton's syndication and news division distributes a diverse slate of programs including Law & Crime Daily, the E/I block Go Time!, and Consumer Reports TV.
For more information, visit http://www.litton.tv. Litton is majority-owned by Hearst: http://www.hearst.com.