Executive Assistant To The General Manager
Hearst TelevisionAlbuquerque, NM
Full Time Job
KOAT-TV the Hearst Television owned, ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM, has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position provides critical support to the President/General Manager of KOAT-TV 7 by performing confidential assignments, coordinating daily operations of the department, and handling administrative duties. The position also serves as the bridge of communication between the station President/General Manager, internal departments and the community. Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff.
• Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organization; exercises confidentially, resourceful, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
• Maintains Outlook Calendar and coordinates meetings with excellent organization of the administrative office.
• Answers incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments, if appropriate. Addresses viewer concerns and problem solves when needed.
• Works with our corporate HR team to generate employee contracts.
• Handles administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
• Learn various systems to pull daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Depending on the data collected more specific and specialized reports may need to be pulled as well.
• Oversees and coordinates logistics for key KOAT initiatives and community partnerships.
• Manages all requests for KOAT talent appearances.
• Maintains current list of contacts. Maintains current and historical confidential business files (hard copy and electronic).
• Works with others on the FCC Public File and necessary reports.
• Makes travel and accommodation arrangements; prepares expense reports for reimbursement.
• Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
• Coordinates all station meetings for equipment needs, staff notification and set up.
• Completes other duties as assigned by the President/General Manager.
• In-person attendance is required.
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, which are critical competencies.
• Have organizational aptitude and expertise coupled with dedication.
• Possess strong grammar and writing skills.
• Work effectively and confidentially with a variety of people in a diverse workforce.
• Be adaptable to changing work requirements.
• Be able to multi-task.
• Possess a high degree of professional integrity.
• Demonstrate a strong client service orientation.
• Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with tight deadline.
• Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Be eager to learn broadcasting industry, prepare reports and evaluate data.
• Be a positive, enthusiastic contributor.
• At least three years' experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer or equivalent combination of related education and experience including military experience.
• Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues; proficient administrative skills to supporting executive level management.