Hearst TelevisionSacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/8/2020 11:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Engineering Director jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all Engineering Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Engineering Director? KCRA/KQCA is searching for a demonstrated leader and effective manager for the position of Director of Engineering. The individual will be directly responsible for supervision of the installation, operation, and maintenance of all studio and field equipment and the supervision and motivation of the technical and operational staff responsible for the production of the highest quality productions in the market. The position will also provide oversight of IT integrity and infrastructure, serve as the point person for logistics planning of special events and projects, and will assist the General Manager in achieving station and departmental objectives and priorities.
We are looking for a results-oriented leader with the ability to motivate, communicate, and interface with various departments. A Hearst Television station duopoly, KCRA/KQCA is a proven leader in local news and has a rich history of public service to our community. We seek an individual to join a management team committed to excellence.
• Lead KCRA/KQCA'S present and future technology strategies
• FCC compliance and oversight
• Capital planning and execution with collaboration of all other departments
• Management of implementation of capital projects
• Oversight of Engineering Operations Budget
• Develop and maintain 5 year technical plan
• Establish and Maintain Operational technical standards and operational policies
• Train and educate staff to understand all internal systems
• Multi-channel station automation and servers
• File-based newsroom workflows and editing
• VOIP systems
• HD routing switchers, production switchers, cameras, robotics and multi-viewers
• Satellite commercial delivery systems – Pitch Blue, Path fire, etc.
• Broadcast Encoders, Mux & IRDs
• Understanding of ATSC / 8VSB signals, MPEG2, DOLBY AC3, CALM ACT, EAS, CAP, IP Video, HDTV, ENG and STL Microwave transmission.
• Understanding of VPNs, VLANs and port routing
• The ability to work with all other department heads
• Experience working in a union environment
• Working knowledge of data network, data communications, computer systems and equipment.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc…)
• Ability to follow drawings/schematics and trouble shoot systems and equipment.
• Working knowledge of audio/video technologies, both digital and analog.
• BS or AS degree in engineering and/or equivalent industry experience. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.