Hearst TelevisionOklahoma City, OK
This was removed by the employer on 4/21/2023 8:14:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Editor jobs in Oklahoma City-OK
Search all Editor postings
Part Time Job
KOCO-TV has an opening for a highly motivated and creative PT News Editor to work in a very competitive news market. This position will cover news stories as assigned. Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for visual compelling storytelling and is passionate about combining strong writing and storytelling with great pictures and sound.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• In-person attendance is required
• Experience with nonlinear editing software required.
• Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.