Hearst TelevisionWinston-Salem, NC
Full Time Job
WXII TV has an opening for a highly motivated and creative News Editor to work in a very competitive news market.
• Edit stories, videos, and newscasts on tight deadlines.
• Maintain news archives.
• Operate electronic newsgathering equipment.
• Nonlinear editing (using Adobe Premiere) of newscast elements including PKGs, VOs, VOSOTs, opens, teases and preproduction material.
• Effectively collaborates with producers, reporters and managers to produce high quality stories.
• Ensuring proper storage and organization of media files.
• Maintaining standards for all edited material.
• Taking in ENG and SNG feeds.
• Any other editing duties as assigned by news managers.
• In-person attendance is required
• Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
• Ability to work on linear and non- linear equipment.
• Proficiency editing with Adobe Premiere.
• Ability to edit on non- linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Edius.
• Must be able to handle and juggle multiple editing assignments under strict deadlines.
• Knowledge of current television production techniques.
• Familiarity with mass communications law and media responsibilities.
• Communicate effectively with photographers and producers.
• Must be able to record multiple feeds on a digital encoding system.
• Able to search for source materials from multiple outlets and platforms.
• Able to work in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment with calm, skilled execution.
• Possess a valid drivers' license and good driving record.
• High School Diploma
• Some college or technical school preferred.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) is a plus
• Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.