Director / Operations Technician
Hearst TelevisionLancaster, PA
This was removed by the employer on 7/21/2021 1:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Director / Operations Technician jobs in Lancaster-PA
Search all Director / Operations Technician postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director / Operations Technician?
Full Time Job
WGAL-TV, Hearst Television's NBC affiliate in Lancaster, PA has an opening for a full-time Director/Operations Technician for our station's live, fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of broadcast operations and some prior industry or relevant military experience. The successful candidate will be involved in various aspects of TV broadcasting operations including directing and punching live newscasts, operating studio cameras, audio consoles, and other duties as assigned. This position does not include any remote or at-home work opportunities.
• Working with producers in the News department to execute compelling, fast-paced newscasts.
• Calling shows and punching them on a Sony MVS-8000G production switcher.
• Studio operations including, but not limited to, camera operations, teleprompter operations, moving set pieces, lighting, and working directly with on-air talent.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts including holidays and weekends in support of our 24/7 broadcast operations.
• Employee will be responsible for clean technical execution and the overall look of the newscast.
• Must be willing to work schedules that include early morning hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Applicants must be reliable, punctual and have dependable transportation.
• Excellent attention to details; strong communication skills, computer skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Successful applicant will be a strong self-starter, team player, and goal-oriented.
• Experience with live or broadcast technical directing and equipment a plus.
• Knowledge of television audio systems will be beneficial
• College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field, equivalent work experience or military training will be considered.