Director Of Programming and Community Affairs
Hearst TelevisionCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
WLWT-TV the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, OH is seeking qualified applicants for a Director of Programming and Community Affairs. This Department Head level position is responsible for the station's programming functions including, acquisitions, scheduling, NBC network, digital, multicast, network communications, FCC regulatory matters, NAB public service campaigns, management & oversight of the station's public file, comprehensive station syndication strategy and other Hearst Television programming responsibilities and duties as assigned. This position is also responsible for the station's local special programming production, including the creation of new initiatives and specific corporate related programming and production responsibilities as assigned.
also include serving as the station's Children's Programming Liaison and on the WLWT-TV Editorial Board.
This Department Head level position works collaboratively with all departments on all platforms (WLWT-TV, MeTV Cincinnati and WLWT.com). A thorough understanding of HTV policies and FCC regulations will be required.
• Manage all station programming (local, syndication and network) and associated duties, including scheduling, planning, strategy and acquisition (in conjunction with GM and HTV programming), communication, coordination and implementation.
• Responsible for all FCC quarterly reporting (Children's and Issues Reports) and other FCC reporting, as needed.
• Managing and assist with social media strategies for all programming, specifically those locally produced.
• Must have a solid understanding of Nielsen ratings, ratings tracking/trending and research.
• Responsible for WLWT-TV's Public Affairs efforts, including local programming, PSAs, non-profit community projects and serving on WLWT-TV's Editorial Board.
• Strategic coordination of all talent appearances in conjunction with News Director & Creative Services Director
• Support, coordinate and co-produce WLWT special events / programming
• Working closely with the content department on WLWT-TV's community affairs program, Let's Talk Cincy
• Working closely to support and lead WLWT community events
• Consistent visibility within the community with key city and philanthropic leaders. Public speaking engagements at key events
• Ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working at a television station, and be particularly adept at local programming, on-air, production, research, FCC requirements and overall news operations. On-air or producer experience a plus.
• Military training and experience will be considered.
• College degree required, preferably in broadcast journalism, communications or related specialty.