Director Of Engineering
Hearst TelevisionSouth Burlington, VT
This was removed by the employer on 4/7/2020 3:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Director Of Engineering jobs in South Burlington-VT
Search all Director Of Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Engineering? WPTZ and WNNE, the Hearst Television owned NBC and CW affiliates in the Burlington, VT- Plattsburgh, NY DMA, are searching for a dynamic leader and effective manager for the position of Director of Engineering. The individual will be directly responsible for supervision of the installation, operation, and maintenance of all broadcast equipment and supervision of technical and operational staff including master control operators. The position will also provide oversight of IT integrity and infrastructure, serve as the point person for logistics planning of special events and projects, and will assist the General Manager in achieving station and departmental objectives and priorities.
In July, WTPZ/WNNE moved into the most advanced broadcast facility in Vermont.
The stations now need a leader who can maintain our best-in-market news production and on-air/online product in addition to continue to incorporate new technology. Successful candidate will be a results-oriented leader with the ability to motivate, communicate, and interface with all station departments. We seek an individual to join a management team committed to excellence. Prior management experience is required.
• Lead WPTZ/WNNE's present and future technology strategies
• FCC compliance and oversight
• Capital planning and execution with collaboration of all other departments
• Management of implementation of capital projects
• Oversight of Engineering Operations Budget
• Develop and maintain 5-year technical plan
• Establish and Maintain Operational technical standards and operational policies
• Train and educate staff to understand all internal systems
• Multi-channel station automation and servers
• File-based newsroom workflows and editing
• VOIP systems
• HD routing switchers, production switchers, cameras, robotics and multi-viewers
• Satellite commercial delivery systems – Pitch Blue, Path fire, etc.
• Broadcast Encoders, Mux & IRDs
• Understanding of ATSC / 8VSB signals, MPEG2, DOLBY AC3, CALM ACT, EAS, CAP, IP Video, HDTV, ENG and STL Microwave transmission.
• Understanding of VPNs, VLANs and port routing
• The ability to work with all other department heads
• Working knowledge of data network, data communications, computer systems and equipment.
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc…)
• Ability to follow drawings/schematics and trouble shoot systems and equipment.
• Working knowledge of audio/video technologies, both digital and analog.
• BS or AS degree in engineering and/or equivalent industry or military experience. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.