Digital Sales Manager
Hearst TelevisionOklahoma City, OK
Full Time Job
KOCO 5, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate and leading website in the Oklahoma City Market seeks a proven Digital Sales Manager to provide energized leadership in
developing, selling and executing successful digital sales initiatives. The ideal candidate possesses a passion for
new media and enjoys staying up-to-date with its evolution, understands digital
marketing strategy and thrives in a customer-focused team environment. Required strengths include: development and
management of a staff of 10 account executives, the ability to strategically
plan and implement those plans, communicate effectively, strong presentation
skills, ability to build and maintain internal and external customer
relationships and the ability to coach account executives to higher
• Prepare and implement
individual advertiser account strategy including revenue goals.
• Regularly meet with local sales
team, including group and individual meetings, to ensure their
professional development and success with stated goals.
• In partnership with the Local
Sales Manager, lead weekly sales meeting; prepare and lead
quarterly/annual sales planning meeting.
• Consistently evaluate seller
performance and provide feedback.
• Act as primary negotiator for
the station on all digital business; review key sales proposals in advance
to ensure client goals are achieved in a manner consistent with station
• Respond to RFP requests; meet
• Meet extensively with clients
to develop/strengthen business relationships; drive client retention.
• Develop/strengthen business
relationships with key station vendors.
• Support local sellers in sales
presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
• Develop and generate
non-traditional revenue and new sales initiatives.
• Manage various expense budgets
related to digital initiatives.
• Work in partnership with the
Local Sales Manager and National Sales Manager to achieve stated and
• Provide training to Local and
• Ensure that all necessary sales
presentations are comprehensive and available in advance of the selling
• Maintain current and accurate
revenue forecasts by account.
• Review and approve new
• Prepare and present various
• Follow and meet all HTV Digital
Sales Managers standard operating procedures as outlined.
• Maintain current knowledge of
HTV advertising regulations.
• Communicate regularly with the
General Sales Manager on all aspects of digital business.
• Be agile in responding to
dynamic business conditions and station business needs.
• Have a complete understanding
of current digital marketing strategies including synergist values with
• Understanding of pricing and
inventory management principles.
• Ability to dissect an
advertising RFP; identify key revenue opportunities, and prepare
comprehensive and winning response.
• Ability to prospect, meet with,
and close business with new station clients.
• Possess the skills to manage
and supervise others.
• Related military experience
will be considered
• Strong formal and interpersonal
• Proficiency with Microsoft
Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar, and One Domain/WO
Media Office a plus.
• Valid driver's license and
reliable automobile are required.
• College degree preferred.
• Military training and experience will be considered.